Copyright Transfer Agreement
Journal Author(s) Rights
In order for SEAS Journal to publish and disseminate research articles, we need publishing rights (transferred from author(s) to publisher). This is determined by a publishing agreement between the Author(s) and SEAS Journal. This agreement deals with the transfer or license of the copyright of publishing to SEAS Journal, while Authors still retain significant rights to use and share their own published articles. SEAS Journal supports the need for authors to share, disseminate and maximize the impact of their research and these rights, in any databases.
As a journal Author, you have rights for a large range of uses of your article, including use by your employing institute or company. These Author rights can be exercised without the need to obtain specific permission. Authors publishing in SEAS Journal have wide rights to use their works for teaching and scholarly purposes without needing to seek permission, including:
- use for classroom teaching by Author or Author's institution and presentation at a meeting or conference and distributing copies to attendees;
- use for internal training by author's company;
- distribution to colleagues for their research use;
- use in a subsequent compilation of the author's works;
- inclusion in a thesis or dissertation;
- reuse of portions or extracts from the article in other works (with full acknowledgement of final article);
- preparation of derivative works (other than commercial purposes) (with full acknowledgement of final article);
- voluntary posting on open web sites operated by author or author’s institution for scholarly purposes.
Copyright Transfer Agreement for Publishing (Publishing Right)
The Authors submitting a manuscript do so on the understanding that if accepted for publication, copyright for publishing (publishing right) of the article shall be assigned/transferred to Publisher of SEAS Journal.