Journal of Contemporary Public Administration indexed by:
Peer Review Process
Journal of Contemporary Public Administration is a journal published by Warmadewa Press jointly with, Faculty of Social and Political Sciences, Universitas Warmadewa. The research article submitted to this online journal will be peer-reviewed at least 1 (one) reviewer.
The reviewers of Journal of Contemporary Public Administration are composed of experts who are competent in the fields of Public Administration studies, and other social sciences and each work independently and professionally by upholding the ethical code of scientific publications as reviewers. The peer-review process of Journal of Contemporary Public Administration is as follows:
1. The reviewers conduct a review or scanning and examination of the incoming manuscript to be analyzed based on conformity with their field of expertise. Reviewer has the right to refuse if it is not in accordance with their expertise and competence, and the Section Editor can redirect to other appropriate reviewers.
2. The reviewed manuscript is a blind review (without the identity of the reviewer).
3. The reviewers comprehend the manuscript based on the substance (article quality) within a maximum period of 3 weeks after the manuscript is received. If within that period the review of the manuscript has not been completed, the reviewer must confirm to the Editor in Chief of the journal.
4. During the review process, the reviewers provide an assessment of the manuscript through the review form that is available within an electronic journal application. If you find it difficult, reviewers can manually review the script on the checklist review form (Ms.Word format) sent by the Section Editor.
5. The reviewed manuscript is returned to the Section Editor.
6. The reviewer makes decisions on the results of the reviewed manuscript, including:
- Accept Submission (manuscript is accepted).
- Revisions Required (the manuscript needs to be revised by the author and returned to the reviewer).
- Decline Submission (manuscript is declined).
- See Comments (see comments, reviewers refuse subtly).
The reviewer’s decision will be considered by the Board of Editors to determine the ensuing process of the manuscript.
Revision Stage. Once the manuscript has been received with notations of minor or major revisions, it will be returned to the author with a review summary form. For manuscripts accepted with major revisions, authors are allotted 3 weeks to revise. Whereas for manuscripts accepted with minor revisions, 1 week is allotted for revision. When returning the revised manuscript, the author is required to fill in and attach the review summary form.
Final decision. At this stage, the manuscript will be re-evaluated by the Board of Editors to ensure that the author has revised in response to the reviewers’ concerns. In this final decision, the manuscript may still be rejected if the author did not seriously conduct the revisions necessary.
Proofread. Once the manuscript has been deemed acceptable by the Board of Editors, it will undergo a proofreading process to maintain linguistic quality.
Publication confirmation. At this stage, the final layout of the manuscript will be resent to the author to ensure that the content is in accordance with the author’s writing. At this stage, the author may revise any typographical error found in the final manuscript. Once confirmation from the author is given, the Editor will process the manuscript for online publication on the website.